Re: Non-Bell ESS?

>> snipped-for-privacy@bbs.cpcn.com wrote about Re: Non-Bell ESS? on Date: 12 Jul

>> 2005 12:11:16 -0700: >>> I'm very sure it was a non Western Electric switch. It was made in >>> Plano Tx (forgot the maker's name) and it was used for local calls.... >>> ... The basic pattern was the same-an unexplained deluge of >>> electronic messages shutting down a computer built by DSC >>> Communications Corp. of Plano, Texas ... >> To the best of my memory, DSC, whose name was mentioned in the archive >> you added (above), never made any type of an ESS switch, which the >> original essage questioned a non-Bell switch. DSC, now owned by >> Alcatel (France), made a whole line of CPE including multi-line >> systems and even some FO based equipment.

DSC stood originally for Digital Switch Corporation, and they did make a switch. I know they were fairly big in the large PBX area, and possibly in toll tandems, but I don't recall whether they made a local switch. I would be somewhat surprised if they never did.

I think they achieved their greatest fame for making STPs, where they became the dominant supplier for some time.

Reply to
John McHarry
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.