Re: Motorola Bag phone

I have one of these. Don't use it at all; it is not digital.

> Pretty good condition, no battery with it, just pugs in to lighter in a > car. It was on BellSouth Mobility, but with you try to use it it says > it is not registered with Verizon. > If someone wants to pay me to pack it up and ship it to them, let me > know, I can send pictures if you like. >The only good spammer is a dead one!! Have you hunted one down today? >(c) 2005 I Kill Spammers, Inc. A Rot in Hell Co. > [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I certainly have the required power > supply even though I do not have a car/cigarette lighter. I wonder > how it would work on Cingular Wireless here in Kansas? PAT]

Who knows how it would work on Cingular or even on Verizon. Neither company will let you activate an AMPS (analog) only phone any longer. cingular won't even let you activate new TDMA (IS-136) service since cingular wants everyone on the GSM network now. People who are still on the TDMA network can stay there although Cingular has been taking more and more resources from their TDMA side and putting them into the GSM side so reception in some areas has become quite iffy. If you had service with AT&T Wireless or Verizon Wireless with just analog they'll likely let you keep it. They won't activate anything other than recent technology and even Verizon won't let you activate any new phone that is not GPS equipped. The only way you could possibly use it is as an emergency phone to dial 911 only since it's mandated that

911 should work from all phones regardless of whether they are registered on a network.
Reply to
Joseph
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.