Re: Is This Possible? 2 Lines Squeezed Into One Line Phone??

I have the need to squeeze 2 lines into one line on my phone. [Note

> - getting a 2 line phone is not a solution as I already have a 2 > line and 2nd line is taken by VOIP.] One of the lines is standard > tel co line -- other is essentially my gate bell. In my fantasy -- > I imagine talking on the phone and when someone rings the gate, the > call waiting feature alerts me and I can jump back and forth. Is > this possible or am I deluding myself?

Okay, you either need a 3-line phone or some sort of PBX or device to take the line and gate bell as trunks.

TELECOM Digest Editor noted in response:

Now in more recent years, since telco went out of business, the > same device has been mounted at the customer premises instead and > it goes by the name _I_nterphone. > ... But this gizmo Interphone/Enterphone sits there midst all > the house pairs, with central office pairs coming in and going out the > other side, and upon signal, examines the appropriate pair, seizes it > for a couple seconds and does its thing. With most Interphone/Enterphone > devices, they are set to time out after 'conversations' which can last > ten or twenty seconds tops. After all, how long does it take to answer > the front gate and tell the person to come in, or go away, or > whatever. I do not know who sells these devices currently, you might > ask Mike Sandman
formatting link
for advice, or possibly Google for > 'Enterphone' and also for 'Interphone'. PAT]

This sort of thing is made in the USA by

formatting link
- they only deal with distributors but a lot of companies sell their kit on. Something like their C-1000B might be suitable. It sounds like your gate bell is something like the W-3000 doorbox, which mimics a phone line to your house phone.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.