Re: Identity Thief Finds Easy Money Hard to Resist

Stolen Lives

> Identity Thief Finds Easy Money Hard to Resist > By TOM ZELLER Jr. > The New York Times > By the time of Shiva Brent Sharma's third arrest for identity theft, > at the age of 20, he had taken in well over $150,000 in cash and > merchandise in his brief career. After a certain point, investigators > stopped counting. > The biggest money was coming in at the end, postal inspectors said, > after Mr. Sharma had figured out how to buy access to stolen credit > card accounts online, change the cardholder information and reliably > wire money to himself -- sometimes using false identities for which he > had created pristine driver's licenses. > But Mr. Sharma, now 22, says he never really kept track of his > earnings. > "I don't know how much I made altogether, but the most I ever made in > a quick period was like $20,000 in a day and a half or something," he > said, sitting in the empty meeting hall at the Mohawk Correctional > Facility in Rome, N.Y., where he is serving a two- to four-year term. > "Working like three hours today, three hours tomorrow -- $20,000." > And once he knew what he was doing, it was all too easy. >

formatting link
What are you trying to do, recruit more ID thieves?

Reply to
Rick Merrill
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.