Re: Grounding a Vonage System

Greetings:

> I've just subscribed to Vonage and just hooked everything up. When I > press a key to clear the dial-tone, the empty line has a bit of snowy, > white-noise in the background. This isn't anything that sounds like > electrical interference, and there's no 'hum' in the line actually. > It's not 99% silent like my Verizon land-line is, but then again, that > demarc is grounded, and my Vonage isn't.

Actually, it *should* be grounded in a sense, through the electrical connection it requires.

Are you using a Linksys PAP2? There is a known issue with some of these units where background "static" is heavy. You should call either Vonage or Linksys and complain, or if you bought the unit retail and are still within your return period, go back and exchange the unit. Other users have gotten their PAP2s replaced for this same problem.

E-mail fudged to thwart spammers. Transpose the c's and a's in my e-mail address to reply.

Reply to
Isaiah Beard
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.