Re: Google Maps

I love all the remarkable, almost unbelievable and unlimited features

> of Google. But it truly bothers me that what is fast becoming THE > primary reference and search tool and "window on the world" for me and > so many others is founded on and controlled by an entirely commercial > and primarily advertising-supported financial base.

How do you expect Google to pay its bills if it's not going to be either advertising-supported or subscriber-supported?

environmental, or other information is made readily available to you > -- by less idealistic people who might (in fact, are certain to) > acquire ownership of Google some time in the future.

Google's already gone public. I think you're a little late expressing your concerns.

"Dependence on advertising tends to corrupt. Total dependence on > advertising corrupts totally." My own equivalent for today.

"I want a free lunch, but I'm not willing to allow other people to pay for it." My interpretation of your quote.

JustThe.net - Apple Valley, CA -

formatting link
- 888.480.4NET (4638) Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / snipped-for-privacy@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

"The wisdom of a fool won't set you free" --New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"

Reply to
Steve Sobol
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.