Re: Flood Relief Efforts - Unfair Criticism?

Maybe you're having problems being convinced since you're well off

> enough to have a vehicle to take you where you need to go. Many > people in the area are poor and probably had no way to move themselves > and their families out of there. I'm not sure why you're assuming > that there are enough cars in New Orleans to evacuate everyone.

To me, the logistics of the evacuation should've been first considered by local officials, then help requested from the Feds if facilities were inadequate. That is, the local politicians should know their own community best as to transport options -- who can get out on their own, who will need help, who won't want to go. (I remain wondering if many people remained by choice.)

Anyway, the local government would then l> I have concerns with Bush's personal response to this disaster, which

threatened thousands, as well as a third of our energy supply (from > the gulf), when it is compared to his response to the single life of > Terry Schavio.

I very much disagreed with his involvement with the Schavio situation. But that is irrelevent here.

That's one of the things that bothers me. The federal response to New Orleans should be looked at only in terms of other disasters, not other Federal projects or policies.

Reply to
hancock4
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.