Re: Few Rush Out to Buy New Window Vista

By JESSICA MINTZ, AP Business Writer

> NEW YORK - Consumers can finally get their hands on Microsoft Corp.'s > long-delayed Windows Vista, but unlike the mad midnight rushes > retailers saw with the recently released video game consoles, stores > saw only a trickle of early adopters Tuesday.

At work we sell PCs from Dell. Our Dell account rep has informed us that starting this week, on Dimension PCs (the low-end PCs), you get Vista. No option to do XP instead unless you're buying Optiplex (the higher-priced business product line). This should get interesting!

"I've been waiting and waiting, and I've been using my personal laptop > for work -- it's not working well," he said. "This is a big deal for > me. I'll hopefully get the better performance that I need, and I > won't have to go through the trouble of upgrading later."

That's the way to do it. At work, the official policy is that we

*won't* be upgrading. If you want Vista from us, you have to buy a new PC. I personally think that's a very smart policy.

Steve Sobol, Professional Geek ** Java/VB/VC/PHP/Perl ** Linux/*BSD/Windows Victorville, California PGP:0xE3AE35ED

It's all fun and games until someone starts a bonfire in the living room.

Reply to
Steven J. Sobol
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.