Re: Crossborder 7-Digit (Dial 1)

snipped-for-privacy@bbs.cpcn.com 8 Mar 2006 07:52:17 -0800 wrote:

>> just out curiosity, would anyone know the rates and dialing >> procedures between such very close small border towns of: >> Madawaska, Maine and Edmunston, New Brunswick > International local calling exists between New Brunswick and Maine as > follows: > - McAdam, NB and Vanceboro, ME > - Clair, NB and St Francis & Ft Kent, ME > - Edmunston, NB and Madawaska, ME > - St-Leonard, NB and Van Buren, ME > - St Stephen, NB and Calais, ME >

formatting link
North Dakota and Emerson, Manitoba

At one point we'd discovered that depending on the calling area -- you could set up call forwarding on regular phone lines and bounce calls for several hundred miles.

What a treat when we discovered we could also get it into/from Canada.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: The only trouble I see is if the local phone charges for each of the small hops (when added together for each hop) saved any money over the single long-haul charge of an interstate toll from the starting point to the eventual ending point. Long distance charges are quite inexpensive these days; can you get the combined (various) local charges down to less? And what about coordinating the in-between call-forwards? PAT]
Reply to
T
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.