Re: ("cramming" 3rd party billing from AT&T [telecom]

In the past months I started recieving 3rd party billing from never

> demanded services from USBI. The actual company seemed to be > Onelink Communications Inc. It was $6 a month. > After some phone calls to the AT&T customer service they reversed > the charges and told me that they would not allow 3rd party billing > to me anymore. > The 3rd party billing stopped for two months. However, this month's > bill comes again with the same [problem], and the company is even > the same: USBI/Onelink Communications.

Unfortunately, this is not new and has been a problem for some time. AT&T and Verizon have agreed to stop third-party billing for companies.

An article in Consumerist:

The federal crackdown on the practice of landline bill-cramming -- the slathering on of charges for often unauthorized third-party services onto consumers' phone bills -- continues, with the Federal Trade Commission accusing the country's largest third-party billing business of attempting to cram $70 million worth of bogus charges down consumers' throats.

Full article:

formatting link

-or-

formatting link
Also, if you do a google search there are pages and pages regarding this issue.

Reply to
Joseph Singer
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.