Re: Challenge to Hospitality: The ID Check in the Lobby

Please mung my address PAT. Name is fine.

> >> Many states offer official photo-IDs for people who do not have a >> driver's license. New York State does. I would think it'd be more >> prudent to carry such an ID card rather than a passport in case it's >> lost or stolen. (see:
formatting link
) > The advantage of the passport is that it does not have address. It > also does not have SSN (or a key that is easily cross-referenced to > SSN). You can have a driver's license and a passport (I don't believe > you're really allowed to have the license and the non-license ID). In > addition, many people look down on the the non-driver's ID's believing > that the holder is unable to get a license (or it has been revoked for > some reason) rather than a reasoned choice. > I'll use my passport when I know I'm going to need specific ID (new > job, getting a mortgage, etc.). > - David

A friend of mine ( now deceased ) had a Massachusetts ID card. He didn't drive for a number of reasons, mainly because he had severe vision problems. When he went to the bank to cash a check that had been written on an account from that bank, they wouldn't accept the Massachusetts non-driver ID card. They did end up accepting his all area access pass from a science fiction convention he had worked on before and still happened to have in his wallet.

--Dale

Reply to
Dale Farmer
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.