Re: Blogs Powerful Tools in Supreme Court Fight

Political groups preparing to battle over the first U.S. Supreme Court

> nomination in 11 years have a powerful new tool -- Internet blogs -- > to spread information quickly and influence decision makers without > relying on traditional media.

I question if blogs are really indeed such 'powerful tools'.

Web logs likely numbering in the dozens provide a way for the > thoughtful and the passionate to publish their views.

Anyone can publish anything. But that isn't the point. What counts is who _reads_ those blogs. I really wonder if any _significant_ numbers of people actually read blogs.

I suspect blog readership is more "preaching to the choir", that is, those reading them have already made up their minds one way or another and already passionate about the issue.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Well Lisa, I dunno. There are a large number of netters who read blogs these days, via services like RSS which we use here
formatting link
. Blogs are sort of like newspaper columnists, IMO. People read the ones they want and skip the ones they do not want. Some are more trustworthy than others. PAT]
Reply to
hancock4
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.