Re: Bell System History Book

[ misc snippage, small amount left for context ]

> The Bell System History book that Lisa referred to is: A History of

>> Science & Engineering in the Bell System: Communications Sciences, >> 1925-1980. The ISBN is 0-932764-06-1. It is available >> from
formatting link
numerous others) starting at >> $32.28. I have a copy. Google the ISBN for other sources. > Note there are a number of volumes in this series. You may be > referring to a later volume. > The ISBN on my copy "... Eng & Sci Switching Technology 1925-1975" is > 0-932764-02-9, Lib Cong is 82-072517 and copyright is 1982.

There are, as mentioned, numerous volumes in the series.

Back in the late 1970s I met the father of a coworker of mine who was helping to compile them. He stated that it was much easier to do Volume One -- which covered the first years. The problem he ran into when writing about the (then) more current time periods was, as he explained, there were more people still alive, and their memories of the events were contradictory.

Oh, and he just couldn't figure out how to politely archive those differing viewpoints when both (or more..) people were now vice presidents ...

_____________________________________________________ Knowledge may be power, but communications is the key snipped-for-privacy@panix.com [to foil spammers, my address has been double rot-13 encoded]

Reply to
Danny Burstein
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.