Re: 2.4Ghz vs. 5.8Ghz Cordless Phones and Health Concerns

snipped-for-privacy@st>> Is there any information out there that would indicate which is

>> safer/healthier to use ... a 2.4Ghz or 5.8Ghz cordless phone? >> I'm not trying to get into a discussion of whether cordless phones >> actually pose a real health hazard, however, I would like to know >> which of the two is considered less harmful ... 2.4Ghz or 5.8Ghz >> radio waves. > We all want simple answers to complicated issues. > Harmful to what in what way? > There are a LOT of variables in play. Older phones tend to have higher > power levels as newer phones many times (but not always) have better > DSP circuits and can pull out clear voice from weaker signals. Plus is > it analog, digital, spread spectrum digital, etc ... All of this > matters. > Are you worried about brain cancer, skin cancer, or something else? > To be honest I doubt you can come up with a clear choice just based on > frequency and nothing else. It would be very dependent on make, model, > production run, etc ... > For me, I'd buy 5.8 as that is less likely to interfere with wireless > computer setups and other things you might own or buy in the future. :)

I'll add that all other things being equal (and they never ever ever are) a 5.8 phone will likely use less power to transmit than a

2.4. But as I said, all other things are never equal.

If this subject worries you in any way at all you're better off without a cordless phone.

Reply to
DLR
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.