Raw switch - tt files? [Telecom]

Hi,

I'm working on a CDR reconcilation solution and have been reading about toll ticket files generated at the switch level. My understanding of these files is that they contain records with a large number of fields and that these records have some equivilance to CDRs. I'm not sure if this is old terminolgy or not.

The documents where I saw this information on the internet is quite old. I'd appreciate any guidance on this terminology and also where I could find out more about it. I'm interested in switch to mediation and mediation to billing reconcilation.

From what I can see the tt files provide identifiers in their name to

help identify gaps among other features. I'm hoping the records in the tt files have sequence numbers to help indicate if individual records are mislaid. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Regards.

Gerard

***** Moderator's Note *****

Gerard,

My experience, which is about 15 years out of date now and US-centric, is that switches create only AMA (Automatic Message Accounting) records. Toll billing is (or at least was) handled entirely outside the switches, in the billing software. IIRC, AMA records were used to generate files for toll billing which were passed to other systems for reconciliation/mediation.

HTH.

Bill Horne Moderator

Reply to
sanctuary1
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.