Packet8 DTMF Tones Sound "Clipped"

I have a service that renders text messaging into speech and forwards the messages to a phone number. The user then navigates the messages like a voice mail, using DTMF tones.

One of my customers is using the Packet8 Virtual Office, and when my computer calls him to deliver the messages, he cannot navigate via DTMF. I hooked up a line analyzer and listened to the call, and all I'm hearing on my end is a "blip blip blip" as he repeatedly presses the key to save the message. The DTMF tone basically sounds like it was clipped at just a few milliseconds ... in fact, I really cannot discern if it's still a dual frequency tone or not.

If he calls in from the Virtual Office, he can navigate our IVR just fine, it's just when our IVR calls him and asks for input that he experiences these problems. Is this related to the extreme compression that Packet8 uses? If so, why would it affect his inbound calls but not his outbound calls?

TIA.

Reply to
slippymississippi
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.