Online Cross-Search of Reverse-Regular Directories?

Is there an online source that supports cross-searching regular and reverse directories based on partial information?

I received an important job-offer vmail that was incomplete -- the caller left a first name and phone number, but the phone number consists of only the area code and prefix. The last four digits are missing.

It was too late for *69 (other calls had come in -- unless there's some secret way to go back further than the last incoming call), and I don't have caller ID.

If one had proper database access, it would be trivial to search for that first name -AND- for all numbers starting with the known A/C and prefix. (This is a potential of 9999 names, but based on the first name I'd expect a return of 50 to 100 hits -- certainly a manageable list to review. With telco help I have already determined that the prefix does not include cells or PBXs.)

However, all the online sources I've found so far want a complete # for the reverse, and a full last name for the regular directory to work.

Any suggestions where else I could go do such a search? I'm even willing to script something to step through 9999 numbers in a reverse directory site, if such a site were ascii-based and would allow such activity.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Frank Stearns

Reply to
Frank Stearns
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.