Old pay phone [Telecom]

A friend just sent me this link to a 1903 picture of Steeplechase Park. If you look at the full size image you will find an early pay telephone mounted to one of the columns on the right hand side of the picture near the roast beef vendor. Right under the telephone pole. ;-)

formatting link
Bill Ranck Blacksburg, Va.

Reply to
ranck
Loading thread data ...

"I'd like two of the roast beef sandwhiches please. Here is my dime."

***** Moderator's Note *****

In the immortal words of David Amram:

"If you worship the good old days, beware of returning to the bad old ways."

Reply to
Sam Spade

Yeah, people reminise about 5c phone calls, not realizing that 5c was about $2.00 long ago.

***** Moderator's Note *****

... and not remembering that the guy selling the roast beef could refuse to serve you if he didn't like the color of your skin or the place you chose to worship or your name or ...

Reply to
hancock4

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 11:19:16 -0800, Sam Spade wrote: ........

I reckon the phrase "Good old days" only exists because of the human survival trait of remembering the better things of the past over the more unpleasant ones..... And that probably explains why we keep making the same mistakes again and again...... and again......

Ahh yes the 20th Century, multiple world wars, atmospheric nuclear tests, DDT, asbestos, smoking, unfettered exploitation of the natural resources of the planet.....

Reply to
David Clayton

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.