Many users apparently don't care for CenturyLink [telecom]

According to a website called, appropriately enough, pissedconsumer.com, CenturyLink isn't making many friends lately. Of course, annonymous statements have to be taken with a grain of salt, but here's a tip: when people make basic grammar and spelling mistakes, it's often due to anger.

One example:

"After being lied to twice about their service and the price. I cancelled service before it was set up only to be billed for their mistake. I received absolutely no service from them, yet have been turned in for debt collection because of their mistake."

formatting link
formatting link

Also, from the 'Broadand Expert' web-site:

BroadbandExpert users don't care for CenturyLink

CenturyLink High Speed Internet Reviews show below-average performance: users complain of low peak-hours speed.

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
Bill Horne
Loading thread data ...

Former Northwest Bell/PNWB/USWest users can't get a break. When LCI/Qwest took over USWest (one of the companies formed when the "consent decree" happened in January of 1984) hasn't been able to catch a break. Early on they decided that wireless wasn't a service that would really do them any good, so they sold USWest Cellular to Airtouch PLC, which became Verizon. A few years later they decided that maybe they should try wireless again, so they made a whole new network and operated a CDMA PCS network. Then, Qwest took over, and I guess they didn't know how to operate a PCS network either, and sold the plant to Sprint -- eventually all customers became part of Verizon Wireless. But that's neither here nor there. I knew from the outset, when Qwest got sold out to CenturyLink, that we'd have a situation not entirely dissimilar to what happened in northern New England -- where Verizon bowed out in favor of FairPoint. We've got a company that doesn't know how to run a big area like USWest/Qwest had; the ongoing screwing up of orders, and all the other stuff that's going on with CL. I was never so glad to go completely wireless back in June of 2000 and knowing that I'd never have to deal with Qwest or their successor again.

Reply to
Joseph Singer

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.