I Was Hacked. The Spyware Used Against Me Makes Us All Vulnerable. [telecom]

Invasive hacking software sold to countries to fight terrorism is easily abused. Researchers say my phone was hacked twice, probably by Saudi Arabia.

By Ben Hubbard

BEIRUT, Lebanon - In Mexico, the government hacked the cellphones of journalists and activists. Saudi Arabia has broken into the phones of dissidents at home and abroad, sending some to prison. The ruler of Dubai hacked the phones of his ex-wife and her lawyers.

So perhaps I should not have been surprised when I learned recently that I, too, had been hacked.

formatting link

Reply to
Loading thread data ...

Am Wed, 10 Nov 2021 15:55:26 +0000 (UTC) schrieb Moderator snipped-for-privacy@remove-this.remove-this.telecom-digest.org>:

It is not a secret that governments want security vulnerabilities in soft and hardware. The only way to stop that is not using proprietary software. Also, don't use cellphones at all, many of them have backdoors to use them as a wiretap.

Reply to
Marco Moock

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.