Home Alone [telecom]

by Philip P. Gura

There's an old Yiddish saying, passed down to me from my grandparents, that is worth recalling in these uncertain and potentially infectious times: "When three people say you're drunk, go lie down in the gutter." So, when my brother the doctor (he's the smart one) texted the family last night to say about COVID-19 "go out and buy two weeks of provisions; this is going to be bad", I took heed and headed out to the store.

Which brings me to work. Many of us are soon likely to be told, not asked, to work from home (WFH). I have WFH for the better part of a decade and I can tell you that it takes, well, work to keep your productivity high when the couch, TV and 'fridge are all within easy reach. I have come to love WFH and like to think I've learned a thing or two about it. It's not for everyone, so here are few hard-learned lessons for those of you new to the art.

formatting link

Reply to
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.