FCC says hurricane victims in Florida deserve a month of free cell service

FCC says hurricane victims in Florida deserve a month of free cell service

Chairman Ajit Pai slammed carriers such as AT&T and Verizon for their "completely unacceptable" response to the storm.

formatting link

The Federal Communications Commission slammed the nation's wireless carriers Tuesday for failing to quickly restore service to Hurricane Michael victims and demanded that the companies compensate Florida residents with a month of free cellular service.

Telecom regulators have repeatedly pressed for the companies to act quickly to restore cell service in the wake of the storm, which left hundreds of thousands without power in the region and killed more than a dozen people.

***** Moderator's Note *****

Just in time for the mid-term elections, the FCC which tossed Net Neutrality under the bus has decided that it's the friend of the people.

... but there I go, being "political" again: my apologies. I know common men aren't supposed to think for themselves anymore.

Bill Horne Moderator

Reply to
Monty Solomon
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.