Comments by CBS TV President

[The president of CBS] had decided to take a once-promising show called 'Joan of Arcadia' off the air. The show was about a teenager who receives directives and advice straight from God. "In the beginning, it was a fresh idea and uplifting, and the plot lines were engaging," Moonves said, sounding a little sad and frustrated. "But the show got too dark. I understand why creative people like dark, but American audiences don't like dark. They like story. They do not respond to nervous breakdowns and unhappy episodes that lead nowhere. They like their characters to be a part of the action. They like strength, not weakness, a chance to work out any dilemma. This is a country built on optimism."

See:

formatting link
I thought he made a good point. I watched that show and liked it in the first season, but it did get too dark and complex in the second season.

The article discusses the possible breakup of Viacom into smaller, more specialized companies. Another good idea.

Reply to
hancock4
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.