Clearwire [Telecom]

Quoting snipped-for-privacy@invalid.telecom-digest.org

I'm much more interested in a > reasonably priced wireless DATA plan. That would be worth its weight in > gold to me. And I might just get my wish soon enough in my metro area, > seems Clear is setting up as a I type.

Clearwire WiMAX 4G wireless broadband internet service is working here in Philadelphia and in a handful of other cities. Interesting background on their 2.5 GHz spectrum usage: it's sublicensed from a nonprofit that holds FCC licenses for line-of-sight microwave Educational Television Broadcasting in various markets. That's not used much anymore, but the FCC allocations still hold. The FCC allows them to license some of it to Clearwire in exchange for free WiMAX user accounts, which are then provided to qualified nonprofits for a very nominal fee. I setup a dozen user accounts for employees and volunteers at a local technology nonprofit I'm on the board of, and they're all pretty happy with it. For more information, check out

formatting link

-Ed

Reply to
bernies
Loading thread data ...

Yes, they're setting up here in the Providence metro area too. Interesting service offerings. I might just bite.

Reply to
T

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.