Class action settlement concerning a case of SMS (cellphone) spam [telecom]

Courtesy of their web page (which I was directed to via a paid advert on something or another I was reading. Not trying to be vague... I just don't recall).

I have nothing to do with this group and don't have any further info, but I'm hopeful this action will be a nail in the coffin for these and similar expletive deleteds.

------ [web page]

Lozano v. Twentieth Century Fox ... IF YOU RECEIVED A TEXT MESSAGE ADVERTISING THE DVD RELEASE OF THE MOTION PICTURE ROBOTS IN SEPTEMBER OR OCTOBER 2005, PLEASE READ THIS NOTICE CAREFULLY AS YOU MAY BE ENTITLED TO A $200 PAYMENT FROM A CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT. ... ... if you are a person in the United States or its Territories who received an unsolicited text message advertising the DVD release of the Twentieth Century Fox motion picture Robots in September or October 2005 ... ---------- rest:

formatting link

- I have no idea as to what the chances would have been at trial. Note that this spam was sent by (or on behalf of) a real and locatable business solidly located in the US. Most other spams are on behalf of more tenuous entities.

_____________________________________________________ Knowledge may be power, but communications is the key snipped-for-privacy@panix.com [to foil spammers, my address has been double rot-13 encoded]

Reply to
danny burstein
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.