Attack of the Buzzword Boolean Blarney [telecom]

In a story on nasdaq.com, marked as "Written by Zacks Equity Research," an organization which I'm not familiar with, there are various claims which make for enjoyable reading.

The story claims that ...

"Cisco Systems CSCO recently announced its partnership with T-Mobile TMUS to launch the world’s largest highly scalable and distributed nationwide cloud native converged core gateway."

... and that ...

"T-Mobile moved its 5G and 4G traffic to the new cloud-native core gateway boosting performance for customers with more than a 10% improvement in speed and latency."

... and that ...

"The world is going through its fourth industrial revolution, which is data-driven and a primary reason behind the rise of Internet of Things (IoT). Various enterprises are investing heavily to rapidly digitize their organizations, reflecting the shift to IoT, Artificial Intelligence (AI) Machine Learning (ML), digitization and various cloud solutions."

... and that ...

"The recent partnership with T-Mobile is amongst its various strategic alliances with global tech companies, which will help Cisco to address growing megatrends and spread its newly launched solutions globally."

Whew! I've fallen into the Buzzword Beatnick Bicentennial Bleeding Blue Bloviation Basement! I mean, I thought *I* was a world-class hash slinger, but whomever wrote this should go to work at Fox News!

If there's anyone out there who is able to unwind the wire-spring of this wound-up palaver, please send in a translation. Thank you: I'll pay you with a bottle of aspirin!

The source material starts at

formatting link
Bill Horne, Moderator

Reply to
Bill Horne
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.