RFI and DSC systems

Has anyone hardened a DSC System against RFI? I am an amateur radio operator and had a problem on almost all frequencies until I put in .

001 mfd caps on each loop, and put a snap on choke around the hardwire lines. Now the only problem is when I transmit on 80m (3.700Mhz) After a short while of transmitting, I get an expansion module failure message and then a panic fire. I do have the wireless Fire Alarm and thought it could be gating, but that would not explain the expansion module failure message. Any ideas?
Reply to
MikeSus
Loading thread data ...

Not that familiar with DSC, but if the panic fire is from the keypad..have you hardened the keypad run? Ground only one side of the shield...but you would know that being a ham.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

And all grounds go to the same point.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

ot... hot enough for ya? sheesh...my pool water is 92f this morning!

| | And all grounds go to the same point. | | | >

| >

| >

| >

| >

| | | | -- | Posted via a free Usenet account from

formatting link
|

Reply to
Crash Gordon

The water temp in the river was hoverng around 80 last weekend. I may go do a little fishing today.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Thats a good thought on the keypad runs. Can I safely put a cap across the data line?

I did try the old wrap around the screwdriver trick >

Reply to
MikeSus

I'd stay away from a cap, but nice big ferrite couldn't hoit.

| > > ot... hot enough for ya? | > > sheesh...my pool water is 92f this morning! | >

| > The water temp in the river was hoverng around 80 last weekend. I may go do | > a little fishing today. | >

| >

| >

| >

| >

| > > | | > > | And all grounds go to the same point. | > > | | > > | | > > | >

| > > | >

| > > | >

| > > | >

| > > | >

| > > | | > > | | > > | | > > | -- | > > | Posted via a free Usenet account from

formatting link
| > > | | >

| > -- | > Posted via a free Usenet account from

formatting link
| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Reply to
MikeSus

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.