JIM ROJAS, TECH-MANUALS ONLINE

Can anyone provide information regarding Jim Rojas and his online business Tech Manuals Online?

In October 2007, I sent Mr. Rojas a Paradox Spectra board to be unlocked along with payment for these services. He immediately cashed the included check and claimed the turnaround on these services would be approximately 10 days. He has made varying claims to the whereabouts of my board over the last 6 months, and has even told me that my equipment had been mailed on several different occasions, but I still have not received it. I fear that I have lost both my equipment and my money!

Any help or information anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Andy

Reply to
Andy
Loading thread data ...

how much $ to unlock?

Reply to
Joe

Clearly, you've "fallen through some cracks" in Jim's garage. His phone number and email are at

formatting link
People post here frequently complaining of poor service or delivery foul-ups at Bass' website. What do you expect *us* to do? "Jiminex-slap" him? Use Paypal or a credit card and make sure you follow up with the vendor within the time frame provided. If you're not satisfied, they'll refund your money and all you'll be "out" is a board that's worth less than $100.00 to replace. If you *still* can't get satisfaction, report them to the BBB. Clearly, when a vendor has as bad a report as this example
formatting link
you'll avoid patronizing them (note a number of complaints have "spooled off" because they're older than three years).

Jim processes thousands of customer requests (on a world wide scale). Having "six" fall through the cracks is minor.

formatting link
still behooves you to be cautious when dealing with anyone online.

Reply to
Frank Olson

RHC: I believe Jim charges $15 plus shipping. I charge $20 plus shipping for individual units; $15 for bulk orders over 9 panels at one time; however, I only do Paradox and DSC boards, and only in Eastern Canada (East of the Manitoba border). Jim Rojas on the other hand does any kind of panel made anywhere in the USA.

You asked....

Reply to
tourman

It was $20 to unlock w/ return shipping. It is getting the board back that I am more concerned about.

I have talked to Jim at least a dozen times over the past 6 months hoping to get my equipment back. I have also sent several e-mails and a couple of letters requesting the board or a replacement to which he has consistently had the same reply, "It's in the mail" or "I'll send it immediately." After 6 months, I think I'm out a board and my money!

I hate to give bad press, but I would just like my equipment back.

Reply to
Andy

minor.http://westflorida.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=47&bbb=0653&firm=... Unless you're one of those 6!

Reply to
Andy

I have a feeling that recent events in Jim's life may have put him off his game. If you didn't already know, Jim has had some considerable legal troubles. When you have a great need for fairness and justice (as you seem to now whish to have) and suddenly discover that they are about as available through the current legal system as the tooth fairy and the Easter Bunny; it can lead one to despair. Furthermore that realization coming with a $25,000 price tag can be even more upsetting. If you want to file suit, stand in line. We all should be sending him some cash (if he isn't too proud to take it).Whatever you do don't send Jim anything written by Dr. Kevorkian.

Reply to
Just Looking

RHC: This gentleman understands the issues here more fully, and the difficulties that Jim finds himself in, and the matter has been resolved to the customer's satisfaction. End of story.......

Reply to
tourman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.