Retrofitting Motion Sensor?

I have a few two-bulb floodlights mounted in the usual boxes.

Bought a retrofit motion sensor with the thought of converting one of the boxes to motion sensing.

Physically, no problem: the sensor screws right in to one of the threaded holes already in the box.

But I'm guessing I still need some sort of relay so the motion sensor trips the relay and the relay applies the AC to the bulbs.

Googling didn't reveal anything.

Anybody been here?

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)
Loading thread data ...

The answer is some will probably drive the lights directly and some won't. Some will drive CFLs and some won't. Need far more info about the "retrofit motion sensor".

Reply to
Art Todesco

Per Art Todesco:

Heath/Zenith SL-5316-BZ-C as in

formatting link
I don't think it drives the lights because the black and white wires are so thin.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

I'm currently using several of these units. They're capable of directly driving a lighting load of 500W (4.2A), max. See the data sheet at:

formatting link
is your friend.. just search for Zenith SL-5316.

--buzz

Reply to
kf

Per kf:

Bingo!

Working like a charm.

Thanks.

FWIW, the PDF in the link's wiring diagram was different from the diagram that came with the unit - and, of course, the PDF's diagram worked.

Either I misinterpreted the one that came with the unit or it just did not work.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.