Does the Kodak PULSE digital frame w1030s or w1030 work with private RSS feeds.

All,

Having followed up other advice on this group I had a look at the Kodak PULSE digital frame w1030S 10in. Overall it looks very promising. However the on-line documentation is an utter joke in terms of explaining what the frame is capable of. I want to know if I can configure the frame to display pictures based on my own RSS/ATOM feeds. Has anybody done this? I want to share my photos with my parents and other family members and have absolutely no wish to share them with google picasa, facebook, flicker or Kodak.? Some documentation describing any peculiarities of RSS feed format or even an example would be very gratefully received.

The newer version of this frame has a model number of /w1030s. The S standing for sharing or something, and it has all kinds of cute facebook type integration. The new frame also has some kind of proximity detector, so that the screen is only on when people are about. Great!

Reply to
Fergus McMenemie
Loading thread data ...

I honestly don't know the specs of the particular photo frame but I just wanted to say that you shouldn't let a simple thing such as RSS format stop you. There are plenty of Internet tools for translating feeds from one format to another, most notably Google's Feedburner (

formatting link
) which will let you not only translate from one format to another but also "clean" an RSS feed by making it standard-compliant just in case some information in it is encoded wrong or it just does not pass a standard parser for some reason.

Feedburner's 'Photo Splicer' feature will let you create a standard-compliant RSS feed out of your Flickr, Buzznet, or Webshots pictures (why not Google's own Picasa - beats me). But you should be able to splice to it another feed with pictures from Facebook, for example, if it's already in RSS format.

You'll just need to point your frame to the Feedburner's RSS address instead of the original one - should be easy to do in the frame's settings.

------------------------------------- Best Regards, Dmitri Abaimov, RCDD

formatting link
Cabling Guide, Cabling Forum, color codes, pinouts and other useful resources for premises cabling users and pros

Reply to
Dmitri(cabling-Design.com

Thanks for the info. Howver I am quite happy messing with RSS in all its flavours, the trick is discovering the correct flavour! Howver the big ask is ... does the frame actually support RSS/Atom or is it something totally porpietary and/or hardcoded to only connect to their own webservice?

fergus.

Reply to
Fergus McMenemie

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.