Chamerlain Garage Door Monitor

formatting link
If anyone has one of these I'd like to get the FCC ID number which should be on the sensor unit that mounts on the door. I'd like to know what RF frequency they use. The prices are reasonable - Smarthome has them for a bit less than Chamberlain's online store.

Also, what is the range? The discontinued Stanley garage door monitor (which was very similar in design) had really poor RF range. The Stanley system showed the status of up to three sensors. Chamberlain supports up to four sensors but it looks like they do not show individual sensor status.

formatting link
snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com

Reply to
Dave Houston
Loading thread data ...

To answer my own question (and fix my spelling error), the Chamberlain garage door sensors use 312MHz and have a tuning capacitor so I'm sure they can be tuned to 310MHz.

I still need to capture the RF signal for analysis and do some range testing but I can probably include support for this in my replacement PIC for the MR26 and standalone DIY RF receiver for X-10 with RS232 output.

formatting link
snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com

Reply to
Dave Houston

Those Chamberlain devices are also sold by Sears at $34.99.

Craftsman Wireless Garage Door Monitor Sears item #00953696000 Mfr. model #53696

(the URL was a mess)

The red LED blink rate indicates which of the 4 sensors detects an open door.

Reply to
Jack Ak

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.