Cable-pulling Humor

If you have ever tried to pull long lengths of low voltage wiring (say, for purposes of home automation), or tried to protect wiring in difficult circumstances, then you may appreciate:

formatting link
I think that this is seriously funny writing!

Reply to
Ian Shef
Loading thread data ...

never heard the vacuum and bit of cloth trick i see.

Makes no mention of how to seal the ends (caulking?) and such.

Our plaster walls (wood lathe from what i can tell) (or maybe the internal chimney masonry) suck up 802.11b/g signal quite well, sadly. One of these days i'll get around to stringing network cables in the house... I'll worry about the garage later. Perhaps a modulated laser signal. ;)

Reply to
Philip Lewis

Not necessary, if both ends are above grade and indoors...

I'd use irrigation pipe instead of garden hose, though; it's "rated" for being underground for long periods.

Isaac

Reply to
Isaac Wingfield

Cheap garden hose can work well underground. I used a hose for many years that was only 1/8" underground, it was visible thru the grass roots, and sloped so it could drain completely in freezing weather. Used it for many years to water the garden.

Reply to
Nick Hull

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.