Which services to allow through my firewall????

Hi all,

I'm just starting to configure a new proxy server, which will operate in our DMZ.

I want to use NT/2000 authentication to grant users different access rights to the web, pass through authentication using their windows login.

On our internal firewall i've allowed HTTP Proxy and RDP through from our side to DMZ. What other services do i need to allow in either direction to allow the server to view the users in our 2000 and NT domains?

The proxy server is a member of the 2000 domain, and there are two way trusts between the 2000 and NT domains.

Thanks,

Tim

Reply to
Tim.Richardson1
Loading thread data ...

Bearing in mind that it is never a good idea to allow connections to originate from the DMZ inbound to the LAN I think the PS should remain on the internal protected side and not reside in the DMZ. This way it will result with internal users to point to the PS which can accommodate the authentication, etc. In turn the PS will establish its necessary connections to the appropriate locations on the 'net and naturally nothing is to be allowed inbound through the firewall to the PS.

Reply to
Don Kelloway

I came to the same conclusion. The proxy that will handle all the authentication is now behind the internal firewall this then relays to an upstream proxy in the DMZ.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim.Richardson1

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.