microsoft hacked

so does this mean that anyone:

a. updating a microsoft o/s now; or

b. purchasing a microsoft o/s in the future

may receive an additional unwanted present, aka trojan, and notwithstanding any firewall in place?

formatting link

Reply to
itoii 3uvu
Loading thread data ...

I guess yes. But why post about an article Published: October 27, 2000, 1:45 PM PDT

Reply to
Bit Twister

Reply to
itoii 3uvu

Yeah, saw that one. What do you expect running an unpatched system.

Reply to
Bit Twister

LOL

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

You 'forgot' to recognise 2 *entirely* different articles that are dated 5 years apart?

Reply to
PutridStench

you're correct . . . sorry . .

well let's hope microsoft does not have the same level of trouble that all these numerous israeli companies and attorneys have experienced recently . . .

formatting link
the israelis didn't even know the remote trespassers had taken control of their computers.

Reply to
itoii 3uvu

....I think you response should be what do you expect running a Windows system...

Reply to
Michael J. Pelletier

No, it doesn't.

Read the article, it states it is a 3rd party company and even if it wasn't, what does MSN have to do with Microsoft Update?

Besides, after the Linux kernel has had a trojan attempt, as well some other open source projects, it should be clear that this kind of danger is cross-platform.

dc

Reply to
datacide

Now Now - let's not go into the MS vs. Linux or Linux vs. MS thing for the

1 billionth time. ;-)

Reply to
Duane ;-)

one major problem with any micksoft product is everything is run in root/admin .. a failure of security everytime .

Reply to
atec

On a Win 9'x or ME O/S that is true. That is not true of an NT based O/S. People choose to run or access the Internet with an account that has root privileges instead of using an account that does not have that privilege.

Reply to
Duane ;-)

I really don't think I was posting to you. ;-)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

That's why they come to NG(s) like this to find out what they need to do.

And I use Linux too and I also know that the O/S(s) MS Linux and whatever else are fallible software written by Human Beings. You start looking at it in any other way, then you have a personal problem, IMO. ;-) You made a Micky Mouse child's post here.

Reply to
Duane Arnold

The average user does by default , that's the problem , of course if mickysoft didn't use the public as beta testers..

Reply to
atec

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.