Benchmarks for Firewalls?

Are there any benchmarks available to test and compare the advanced filtering schemes of hardware firewalls? Thanks.

Reply to
galt_57
Loading thread data ...

What kind of Benchmarks are you looking for?

Reply to
Security Freak

Well my first thought was that there might be more sophisticated sites like the ones which provide simple port tests, but maybe that isn't done. Maybe each firewall is given a rating by a testing organization? I have no idea.

Reply to
galt_57

formatting link
whose basic firewall tests reveal embarrassing faults in many cases - but they all passed :)

Reply to
Dudley Pound

Does anyone use something like;

formatting link

Reply to
galt_57

There is no way in Hell I would use something like that and let Who knows (who ever owns the site) to do a Pentest on my firewall. I think you would be safer with a company that you select that comes in and plungs in right outside your network and preforms the test. This way you can insure that you get the data. If you have a Vul or an open hole in your Firewall you have the data and no one else.

Just my .02 cents

Reply to
Security Freak

I have a bundled package from SecuritySpace which includes an automatic monthly security audit, networking monitoring, and website analysis. I also use their name servers service.

If you look in the upper right corner of my website (see my sig below), you will see the SecuritySpace seal which shows that the site went through a security audit just yesterday. If you click on the seal, you will see a summary of the tests performed, but no information about the outcome of any of the tests.

Reply to
Ken Sims

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.