Any dual wan routers without a firewall?

Hello

I recently purchased the Twin Wan XC-DPG503 from xincom.com. Set up was easy and I was doing session based load balancing and failover with my ADSL and Cable modem internet connections right out of the box with a few minor modifications.

The problems started when one particular application called ILX which provides realtime information on stocks, would not work. I contacted ILX support and they gave me a PDF with a bunch of ports to open. Only problem was that the DPG503 did not have anyplace to open ports for all PC's except for a screen called "Special Applications". I entered the information and it still didn't work, and then I read that only one PC at a time can use special applications. I have 5 PC's. That's when I turned on transparent bridging, this was supposed to bypass the firewall features of DPG503. Still, no luck. BTW, ILX works fine with a simple router.

So, does anyone know of a router that supports failover for cable modem and ADSL and does not use a firewall or has a firewall that can be completely disabled? Load balancing would be nice, but I can live without it.

Thanks!

Reply to
Ned Hart
Loading thread data ...

Funny, you're actually asking for a router _without any firewall_, in comp.security.firewalls? :)

You should have a look at Cisco's modular routers. I'm not sure if you can get an interface for your cable modem, but I wouldn't be surprised. I know I can put ADSL interfaces in my 1720s at least. Maybe ethernet is all you need for the cable modem?

Reply to
Eirik Seim

Reply to
Anonymous

This one looked interesting until I looked at the online user manual. It appears to be the Twin wan from Xincom with a nice coat of read paint and new name. All the menus were identical.

Thanks anyway, I'll keep looking around.

Reply to
Ned Hart

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.