Xerox TDR ??

Sounds like the one I have, but mine's called a LANCA DIGITAL TDR. No other info. Possible that it was marketed under multiple names. Holler if you find anything. mike

Reply to
mike
Loading thread data ...

I just got a Xerox Digital Time Domain Reflectometer Model 600T80024. It's an 8"x9"x3" black plastic box with a LCD readout and 12 digit keypad for programming, and 3 BNCs for input, output for a scope, and sync. A 4 position rotary switch for off, 50 ohm, 75 ohm and monitor. It looks like the cable type and velocity factor as well as other parameters such as meters, feet, or nanoseconds can be programmed. It's portable,battery powered and on powering the LCD indicates XEROX 1985. It seems to work but I get an ERROR indication most of the time because im hacking and don't know what I 'm doing without basic instructions. No luck with Google or xerox.com, xdss.com or their 800 number. Any tips or leads on how to run or program this thing appreicated. tnx

Reply to
Henry Kolesnik

Jeeezzz! Couldn't you find a bigger picture? Took 5 minutes to download the thing. Compression is your (my) friend. Looks like mine except I have more positions on the switch. mike

Reply to
mike

Reply to
Henry Kolesnik

Gotta love modern technology. The TDR I used when I was in the Air Force back in the 70s was about the size of a small footlocker!

Reply to
Steve Silverwood

Got a motherboard the other day that has a Marvell Yukon gigabit chip on it. Comes with "virtual cable tester" (VCT) software. Reading the white paper on the Marvell site it turns out that the VCT uses a TDR built into the gigabit chip.

Board with those chips are available for 30 bucks.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.