site to site VPN CISCO PIX

I use a VPN site to site, PIX 515 to PIX 501. The access is 2 ways. Could I configure a priority through tunnel? I want to permit the access only PIX 515 to PIX 501 and deny for PIX 501 to 515.

I used crypto map outside_map client configuration address initiate --for PIX

515 crypto map outside_map client configuration address respond --for PIX 501

But I have access in two ways !!!

Could I use a command crypto ? Thank you ! silviumed

Reply to
silviumed
Loading thread data ...

If you were to upgrade the PIX 515 to PIX 7.0 or PIX 7.1, you -might- be able to use different priorities for traffic (there is more funky new stuff in there than I can keep track of). But the 501 doesn't support PIX 7.0 or PIX 7.1. And priorities aren't the answer anyhow.

As I said in response to your earlier posting with very nearly the same wording: NO, not unless you are prepared to lose all responses including the TCP 3-way handshake.

initiate and respond have NOTHING to do with traffic control. They have to do with which system hands out the IP addresses for the link. As you are doing a site-to-site VPN, you probably don't want -either- system handing out IPs for the link.

No.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.