I need a freeware billing tool for CCME

It there a possibility? I googled out, but nothing found.

I have CDR enabled on the router. Logs are saved to the flash. It is not suitable because I allways must download the file and convert it to excel sheet or any database :( I need some online logging method similar to syslog..

Unfortunately afaik CDR cannot be sent to syslog :(

Reply to
PrzemekD
Loading thread data ...

Is it accessable via SNMP on the model of Cisco router you have?

Reply to
Rod Dorman

U¿ytkownik "Rod Dorman" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news:hag0i5$jvu$ snipped-for-privacy@reader1.panix.com...

yyy.. I did not check yet, but I assume & I hope it is possible :) Maybe in meantime someone could confirm this? Of course I will check also.

rtr 2821 IOS 15(0)1 advipserv

Reply to
PrzemekD

CDRs can be sent via syslog, as described at

formatting link
...but this isn't particularly convenient either.

(you can get the router to transfer the CDRs off to another host for you but it has to be via FTP, unfortunately).

cheers, Andrew.

Reply to
Andrew J Cosgriff

Meanwhile, at the comp.dcom.sys.cisco Job Justification Hearings, Andrew J Cosgriff chose the tried and tested strategy of:

formatting link

What's inconvenient about syslog? It's a widely supported and simple protocol, and there are syslog servers that will put entries into an SQL DB for you, from where you can do what you want with the data.

Reply to
alexd

formatting link
>

Oh, calm down. Syslog is fine.

For what it's worth, there are also plenty of tools that'll take a CSV file and insert it into a database for you, too, if you don't want to write one.

From my own experiences, I've found the CDR files a little easier to deal with. YMMV, etc.

Reply to
Andrew J Cosgriff

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.