FTPS Issues

Hi,

Is there anyway around the FTPS issues in a PIX? Can you specify PASV FTPS and then specify which ports it can use? Is anything like this possible?

I need to securely transport a file from another company's server to mine and their server is FTPS (not SFTP like they originally stated.) Their solutions to this problem is to use regular FTP (not happy about that) or they said they can open a set number of ports on the FTPS server (such as 5010-5013). They are asking if I can allow for that.

It does not seem that this is something I can do but I just wanted to test the smart minds on this board. Even if I open up the pix to allow traffic from this port range, I cannot inspect the traffic to make sure it is FTP traffic since it is encrypted so I am not really in favor of this even if I can do it.

Thanks for any and all advice.

Reply to
KDawg44
Loading thread data ...

This discussion occured here some days ago. Please read the archive.

You can't get both: "encryption over the Internet" and "inspection on the way through the Internet".

Reply to
Lutz Donnerhacke

All set now thanks. I had to use the DTAPROT(*CLEAR) command to clear the data channel. The files being transferred are encrypted anyway.

Reply to
KDawg44

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.