basic/weird ospf question- ospf gurus need help!!!

hi group,

i got a weird one with ospf. i setup ospf on two core switches dual connected to two routers (the core routers do not have a connection) all running ospf. when i do a show ip route ospf on the routers, the only routes it sees are the directly connected interfaces. (no ospf routes are learned) UNLESS i specifically make all the interfaces of the routers ospf interfaces

ex. (no ospf routes are learned if I use this config)

routerA: router ospf 1 network 10.1.1.1 0.0.0.0 area 1

BUT

if I use

routerA: router ospf 1 network 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 area 1 (basically means all interfaces, i think)

ospf routes are learned!!

Reply to
k65020
Loading thread data ...

You have not described your network in detail however it appears that you have 'discovered' a bit about how ospf on cisco works.

Have you looked at the ospf section of the IOS Configuration Guide?

The network statement is used to specify which interfaces to include in the ospf process.

Reply to
Bod43

Hi Please describe a bitmore about your network then only we wil be able to help you . If you can go to below sitea solution for your IOS..

formatting link
Rgds...CK

Reply to
CK

I agree with the other posters...we need to know more about your topology.. Can you post the configurations for each device?

Thanks, neteng

formatting link

Reply to
pcmccollum

the configs are nothing special and the physical links are pretty cisco recommended

2 4507s and 2 7206s full meshed to one another

in ospf its basically, telling witch interfaces ospf will participate on

Reply to
k65020

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.