Assistance in troubleshooting CBAC for remote desktop access to office network

My home router is a Cisco 2600 running 12.2(34) firewall feature set. Accessing the internet with the running CBAC works. I can successfully VPN to my company network. My issue is when trying to remote desktop to a server and my office computer.

- I know that I successfully established a TCP handshake with the server because I did a traffic capture and saw the SYN/SYN-ACK/ACK. The furthest I get is seeing the blue desktop screen on my Remote Desktop window and then the "network error" message. I don't even get to see the Windows Logon screen.

- My ZoneAlarm log shows that it allowed the 3389 connection to the server. I even shutdown ZoneAlarm and tried again. No change.

- I figure it's something to do with my home router config because I plugged my laptop directly to my cable modem and I'm able to VPN and remote desktop to my server and office computer.

Just need some help/suggestions in finding out why it's not working. Thanks.

my partial router configuration: ip inspect max-incomplete high 1100 ip inspect one-minute high 1100 ip inspect name CBAC tcp ip inspect name CBAC udp ip audit notify log ip audit po max-events 100 ! interface FastEthernet0/0 description ---- connect to Internet ---- ip address dhcp ip access-group CBAC in no ip proxy-arp ip nat outside ip inspect CBAC out duplex auto speed auto no cdp enable ! ip access-list extended CBAC permit udp any eq bootps any eq bootpc permit gre any any permit icmp any any echo-reply permit icmp any any traceroute deny ip any any log

Reply to
brickwalls19
Loading thread data ...

the RDP server is connected at the remote end of vpn ?

Check the MTU and MSS size

Reply to
www.ipnetworks.it

Reply to
brickwalls19

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.