ASA and WEBVPN as opposed to Citrix Secure Gateway

We need to allow remote users (people travelling) access to the citrix presentation servers and Citrix have said to use Citrix Secure gaeway which is a hardware VPN I think.

Has anyone implemented Citris remote access to a presentation server via the ASA WEB Vpn feature?

Do you lose anything over having a dedicate hardware device in the DMZ.

Does two factor authentication still work or is that redundant once the VPN is in place from the remote users.

Reply to
Gary
Loading thread data ...

CSG is a software product - an SSL-VPN, but it might be an extra cost. If you do the two-factor authentication at the VPN, then you would not need it at the Citrix - but would the Citrix accept the creds from the VPN? That I don't know - but I would think it can be done. CSG now supports radius, which it didn't for years so there is more flexibility.

hth,

nick

-- Nick Owen WiKID Systems, Inc.

formatting link
Source Two-Factor Authentication
Reply to
Nick Owen

According to the Citrix WEB site Citrix Secure Gateway is an appliance

From the site Access Gateway Appliances Access Gateway Enterprise Edition is available on the Access Gateway 7000,

9000, 9000 FIPS and 10000 series appliances. Maximum scalability is from 2500 concurrent users (7000 series) to 10,000 concurrent users (10000 series).

Is the access gateway appliance the same as the citrix secure gateway? Gary

Reply to
Gary

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.