What can I expect on CCNA exam?

Hi everyone, I go to TechSkills and have virtually aced all of my exam prep materials for the CCNA. However, I know that the vendor exam won't be anything like my coursework. So, can anyone give me an idea of what I should really study hard on for the next couple of days? I plan to take the vendor exam next week. (Access Lists? OSPF? EIGRP?....just give me some ideas that way I know I'm solid all around. Thanks!)

-T

Reply to
tash
Loading thread data ...

I just re-certed last week and pretty much need to know all the areas covered in their exam topics. Can not say that one topic is covered more than any other.

formatting link

I would say study what ever weak areas you have, you should know them. Also be very quick at subnetting and hex/binary/decimal conversion. Exam time does not give you much time to fart around and you may get stuck in a hard simulation, so the more time you can save on subnetting and converison questions the more time you will have on the simulations.

Reply to
Freeride

Thank you for the useful info. I will check out the site for sure

Thanks. Luckily I'm good at subnetting quickly. Hex is a relative weak point.

Reply to
tash

What kind of $$ do you think I should/can expect to make (salary) per year in Kansas City (with the CCNA cert)?

Reply to
tash

On the exam is it correct that you cant go back over your answers? and are the simulations like an elab?,can you use the TAB key or the ? ,thanks for your time.

Reply to
daytime

With no experience and only a cert you can expect to earn entry rate dollars. With moderate experience and a degree you can expect to make more. And with extensive experience and a higher degree you make the most.

I've seen some Cisco jobs which pay only $17/hr. Others pay $80k/year. It all depends...

Reply to
Cisco Kid

Once you answer a question you cannot go back. Most help commands/keyboard shortcuts are enabled in the sims. Wouldn't hurt to know the full command syntax tho...

Reply to
Cisco Kid
01:57, "tash" wrote:

thanks for that-could I use shortcuts ?for example pass cisco-instead of password or int s0 -for interface serial 0,etc? sh run copy run star ? Thanks-I have been using these commands for about a year-I know the full syntax but ...:)

Reply to
daytime

shortcuts work just fine. Don't expect too many simulator though. I only had 2, maybe 3 at the most. Be very familiar with Switching, MAC addresses, show mac-address-table! I had a simulator that was a 5 part question...very tricky. So, like I said, be very familiar. I did pass though!

Reply to
tash

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.