Strategies or Approaches

One of the typical LABs in CCNA test is that three routers set up, but the networks are not talking to each other, fix it.

What do you do?

To sart it all over, reconfigure all three routers, or do troubleshooting and fix the very problem(s)?

Reply to
April
Loading thread data ...

begin by trying to forumlate a logic process -- try to work from Layer 1 up. with this approach you should be able to resolve most, if not all things.

SysAdm

Reply to
SysAdm

if its the one with the rip protocol, yuo will find that the middle router doesn't have any routing protocol or network advertisement in it

Reply to
lyndsay HOLLERAN

In the old days, when I was getting my CCNA, there was a NDA statement to accept before taking the exam which prohibited sharing of the questions. Does that not exist anymore?

Reply to
Ivan Ostreš

I agree with Ivan. Questions should not be posted here, but as far as troubleshooting goes. I would start with sh ip route statements while watching which networks are in the table and basic pings from each router. You should have planty of time. I did the whole test and had 30 minutes to spare.

Reply to
220volt

First, check running config on all three routers, check if you have correct IP addresses, check if you have all required interfaces up, if not - check why. In CCNA exam it shouldn't be too hard. It's something simple, i.e. "interface shutdown"; encapsulation enabled on one side, and not enabled on another; mismatch in IP addresses; routing is not turned on; etc. Pay attention to details in config.

Reply to

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.