CCNA, what book?

Cisco Press CCNA INTRO Exam Certification Guide

or

Sybex - CCNA Cisco Certified 640-801 Study Guide 5th Edition

What do you think?

Reply to
ljubo
Loading thread data ...

Cisco though in the past Lammle has been great. I have both.

Reply to
Steve Harris

I have both too. I read half of Sybex book and now got Cisco book so I don't know if I put Sybex aside and take on with Cisco book. My instructor told me that I stick with only one book that is the best, so... What others think?

Reply to
ljubo

Personaly I allways choose Ciscopress books, they've never let me down yet.

-----

***************************************************** *** Resources for certified network professionals *** ***
formatting link

ljubo wrote:

Reply to
Dave Bradley

I used the ICND book to renew. It doesn't cover all of the 640-801, only the

formatting link
I see nothing wrong with many books. Just figure out the method of subnetting that works for you and stay with it.

Reply to
Steve Harris

Both are fantastic books. One is definitive cisco book. The other is a great accurate 'study guide' style book. If you like computer books then buy both of course.

And for cisco press, it'd be Odom's CCNA INTRO and CCNA ICND. For the 2 exam method of the ccna exam.

Reply to
q_q_anonymous

Different writers present the information in different ways, I have never relied soley on one book to study - I agree that ciscopress is top notch, and so are Lammle's books.

Don't forget, you also have the internet as a tremendous resource :-) Google is your best friend!

C
Reply to
Canuck

If you value accuracy - then you really are very limited in ccna books. I tried richard deal's book (the osbourne one) but there were a great many errors , not listed in the errata.

Even the definition of internet(lowercase i) was wrong. He defined it by in terms of less serious marketting terms that came much later - intranet and extranet! There were many so many other big problems even in the first chapter.

Odom(writing in official Cisco press style) and lammle(Lammle style) are both clear and accurate. Very different styles. But both accurate.

What other books are there?

Reply to
q_q_anonymous

formatting link
More than just a couple :)

Reply to
Canuck

formatting link

that is just pathetic.

cisco press books, we know. Actually, if you check amazon, you see some of those cisco ones labelled 1&2 3&4 have accuracy issues. Other cisco ones mentioned there are Old Editions. The new editions are by Odom.

That list included a dummy guide. We know they don't compare to lammle. Not In accuracy.

Maybe the exam cram one is accurate.

Why not read my post again and use your experience to list good accurate books. Based on this, I wouoldn't trust your experience. Maybe others do though/ Maybe you do have a useful contribution to this thread.

Reply to
q_q_anonymous

They are good books out there, as well as ebooks which are of good quality. Lammle's books are topnotch, so is 'The Bryant Advantage' series...

Don't limit yourself to one single book as some books are better than others and use the internet.

That's my contribution - like it or not.

formatting link
>

Reply to
Canuck

thank you, that was good!

Reply to
q_q_anonymous

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.