Re: Cable television interference

On 26 Oct 2006 00:35:40 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@columbus.rr.com wrote in :

When helping out my parents move their modem/router that I installed >from then for Xmas, my mom informed me of the 800 or so cable outlets >around the house. Needless to say, figuring out what went where was >difficult, but I finally managed. Turns out, outside the house, off the >pole, is a 2-way splitter, that has been painted over and is really >mounted to the house well. One line wraps around the house and one line >goes into the house. That leg is hooked up to an amplifier, and then >goes back outside. On the wall, there is a mounted splitter with 5 more >legs coming out, wrapping around the house to various places. After >finding the end of the data leg, and pulling it down through the floor >into the basement, the router/modem was set up and worked well. Both >the laptops got good signals, but whenever there was any sort of >network activity, it produced lines of interference on the cable TV >signal. I checked all the connections again, and everything seemed >tight and exactly as it was before the big move. This happens on all >the legs that have gone through that amp. >Any ideas of what this means, and any tips how to address it? I know my >folks won't stfu until I fix it.

Sounds like the amp isn't designed for use with cable modems. [cross-posted to comp.dcom.modems.cable]

Reply to
John Navas
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.