Linksys Log to Macintosh?

My set-up includes a Linksys BEFSR41 router and a Power Macintosh running OS X 10.3.5.

I've seen some PC apps for reading and saving the Linksys Log Table but have not run across one for Macintosh. (I know I can view the Log via the Linksys web interface.)

Can I do this from the OS X Terminal application using the command line interface? Or how about AppleScript? Please supply specifics!

On a Mac, does the option in the Linksys web interface in the Log panel to "Send Log To: 192.168.1.xxx work? Where would the file be saved on my Mac?

Many thanks!

Jim

Reply to
mac mac
Loading thread data ...

Visit for links and instructions for logging traffic on Linksys routers. I've been using this facility for more than a year.

Reply to
Tom Stiller

You would need an appropriate SNMP Trap Service logger loaded. I use WallWatcher {

formatting link
} but alas, there is no MAC OS X version of this great software.

Reply to
David H. Lipman

I just found this software "linksyslogviewer" . Needs OS X 10.3 and works on the BEF series of Linksys routers. Here's the link

formatting link
's open source and donationware.

*disclaimer* I just found it today and won't get a chance to install until the next few days, so how well it actually works is unknown at this point. I hope it works well, because I've been looking for an OSX app to do logging!

-- hope this helps

Reply to
catmad

It should be pretty straight forward. Linksys does its logging in the SNMP trap (port 162). I sure wish they'd use SYSLOG. This just one of the many reasons I wouldn't buy Linksys

Reply to
VAXman-

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.