Connecting a connecting block with IR Emittor outlet of Mitsubishi DLP projection TV

HI:

I bought a Mitsubishi MD 62725 about a year ago and would like to use the TVs IR emitter out port in the back to communicate with my other AV gadgets (DVD, Receiver etc) placed about 25 feet away. So I invested in a Xantech connecting block and connected cables from TV to AV equipment to allow me to use TV's remote or other remotes to control the AV equipment.

I have two options:

1) Use IR emitters provided by Mitsubishi with the TV. Connect the Mitsubishi OOB IR emitters to IR-Out jack in the back of the TV. Affix the IR emitter bean in front of Xantech IR receiver. Connect Xantech IR receiver to connecting block and hope everything works fine.

2) Buy a stereo Jack from Radio Shack. Hardwire the cables from the jack to connecting block. I have tried this option but did not seem to work. I will prefer this option if it is technically feasible. Mitsubishi tech support is almost non existent. Xantech tech support is helpful but does not seem to address the problem involving heterogeneous equipment (Mit and Xantech). They however mentioned to use a diode with cathode pointing towards connecting block. A local installer mentioned that hard wiring may not be an option since Mit signals are not compatible with Xantech IR signals.

Can anyone in these groups help resolve this and help me selecting correct option?

Thanks in advance

Shailesh

Reply to
potnis2000
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.