Dir-635 (or 625) WPA mode will not work with some devices (anyone else?)

I have the dir-635.. with wpa on.. some of my devices, even dlink's products... will not communicate or connect...

Anyone else experienced this..

Thanks,

Mark

Reply to
markm75c
Loading thread data ...

I have come accross some wireless routers that do not give out an IP address with WPA. Change to WEP and they connect with no problem.

Reply to
Auchenblae

I have a DIR 625..and notebook and Pc adapters...they work fine...however the D-link Printserver that i had would lose connection all the time had to be power reset....went back to my Netgear PS and its' been going strong now for 3 months with no drops...... I do however lose connection on the Laptop and i am only one floor directly below the router....not a lot but enough to be a pain....guess that's the price one pays for Pre-N.

Reply to
DavidT

I found that with firmwares 1.06 and before.. the only wpa option that I was using was the "auto wpa" option..

with firmware 1.07.. they add a wpa only choice... this allows my devices which wouldnt work to work, however the windows connect speed is 54mbps and the actual throughput is 22mbps (G/b speeds).. I've emailed dlinks tech support with no response thus far, but at least the devices are working.

With 1.08beta.. wpa only mode is only getting throughput of a bout

10mbps...

So that said, it seems the only remotely viable option if you want wpa to work with most devices is to use 1.07 "wpa only" for now (though there is one device which would connect but would also timeout after a while.. that was using its native b internal card.. with n, everything is fine though.

DavidT wrote:

Reply to
markm75c

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.